Dr. Duane is a board certified family physician and an Adjunct Associate Professor at Georgetown University. She is trained as a Creighton Medical consultant, and she is the co-founder and Executive Team Leader of FACTS – the Fertility Appreciation Collaborative to Teach the Science.
FACTS was formed to educate physicians and healthcare professionals using medical evidence so they may empower women and engage men to appreciate and care for their fertility, and to change the culture of medicine so that fertility is recognized as normal and healthy. It’s doing what we all want – educating doctors about fertility awareness!
In today’s show, we talk about the work that FACTS is doing to educate medical professionals about fertility and fertility awareness-based methods.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What inspired Dr. Duane to create FACTS?
- How FACTS has grown since 2010
- The process Dr. Duane uses to educate other doctors and motivate other doctors
- Debunking the myth that pregnancy can happen at any time, no matter what
- What determines the effectiveness of a method?
- Getting over the hurdle of fertility awareness-based methods being entirely dependent on the person doing the method
- The idea of the female cycle being “the 5th vital sign” and the information that can be gathered from charting; including important diagnoses
- How to talk to your doctor about natural fertility methods
- The importance of knowing how your body works and educating women
- Details about the FACTS presentation and how to invite speakers
- Dr. Duane’s training in the Creighton Model System
Connect with Dr. Duane
You can connect with Dr. Duane on the FACTS website.
Symptothermal method fact sheet
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!