Dr. Rozenn has practiced Integrative Medicine for over 15 years. She is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine with dual specializations in Women’s Health and Pain Management. She teaches classes to Masters and Doctoral Students how to treat Women’s health and fertility issues at various Universities, and she has recently authored the book Your Fertility Program geared towards helping patients navigate the confusing field of infertility.
In today’s episode will talk about the important role that Thyroid health plays in fertility, as well as the important role that having healthy menstrual cycles plays in fertility. We also talk about the Oriental medicine perspective, and how it differs from the western medical perspective.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- How does thyroid health impact fertility?
- How can an unaddressed thyroid issue negatively impact fertility?
- What is the difference between the Allopathic or Western Medical perspective on thyroid conditions versus the Oriental Medicine perspective?
- Why is it important to know if there is an autoimmune component to a diagnosis of hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism?
- How can hypothyroidism present in a woman’s menstrual cycle chart?
- How does hyperthyroidism differ from hypothyroidism?
- How does a woman’s basal body temperature relate to her thyroid?
- Why are thyroid conditions so common, especially in women?
- How do environmental contaminants impair thyroid function?
- Is it possible to heal the thyroid?
- Is it possible to treat thyroid disorders without medication?
Connect with Maureen
- Acupuncture Santa Cruz | Dr. Maureen Rozenn
- Your Fertility Program | Dr. Maureen Rozenn
- Your Fertility Program (book) | Dr. Maureen Rozenn
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)