Originally from South Africa, Deborah graduated from Naropa University with a Masters in Somatic Psychotherapy in 2005. She is a licensed clinical mental health counsellor. Her therapy practice is a multidisciplinary approach to health and wellness, using flower essences and somatic awareness in supporting each client’s unique process. She is a doula, a women’s wisdom circle leader, online educator and yoga teacher. She and her wife own Juniper, a yoga and healing arts center in Brooklyn. She co-owns Spirit Shop, a store specializing in women’s menstrual, sexual and emotional health. Spirit Shop specializes in Vaginal Steaming, that make custom blends and steam saunas. She is a mama to her nearly 3 year old boy, Skye.
In today’s episode Deborah shares her experience of conceiving within a same-sex relationship. From the challenges of finding a sperm donor, to the process of home insemination, this conversation will open your eyes to the challenges gender & sexual minorities face when building their families.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
- Deborah’s journey getting pregnant in a same-sex marriage
- Challenges in getting information for gender & sexual minorities
- The process of getting pregnant when you have a sperm donor
- Deborah’s experience with at home IUI
- What options are available to get pregnant for LBGQ couples
- How much sperm is taken by the sperm donor and the restrictions on ejaculation
- Do all midwives do at home IUI’s
- What is the sperm storage process and Deborah’s experience with the clinic
- Challenges that can arise once you have a sperm donor
- The difference working with a known sperm donor versus a randomly chosen donor
Connect with Deborah Bagg:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 263 | Surrogacy and Egg Donation | Eloise Drane
- FFP 160 | Clomid, Letrozole & IUI | How Effective Are Infertility Treatments? | IVF | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 196 | Egg Donation | Infertility | The World Egg Bank | Diana Thomas
- FFP 183 | Reproductive Scenarios for Gender & Sexual Minorities | Fertility Awareness in the LGBTQAI Community | Rose Yewchuk
- FFP 088 | IVF Using Donor Eggs | Egg Donation | Infertility | Donor Egg Bank USA | Heidi Hayes
- FFP 011 | Age Related Fertility Decline | Using Reproductive Technologies | IVF IUI & IVM | Dr Melanie McDowall
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by the upcoming Postpartum Edition of Fertility Awareness Mastery LIVE! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here to apply now!