Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride is a medical doctor who graduated in Russia, and after practicing for five years as a Neurologist and three years as a Neurosurgeon she started a family and moved to the UK, where she got her second postgraduate degree in Human Nutrition. She is well known for developing a concept of GAPS (Gut And Psychology Syndrome), which she describes in her book Gut And Psychology Syndrome – Natural Treatment for Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Depression, and Schizophrenia.
The GAPS diet was developed to naturally treat chronic inflammatory conditions in the digestive tract as a result of a damaged gut lining. Through years of research and clinical experience, Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride adjusted her protocol to fit the needs of her patients suffering from a variety of intestinal and neurological conditions as a result of an imbalanced bacterial ecosystem within the GI tract. The GAPS Diet focuses on removing foods that are difficult to digest and damaging to gut flora and replacing them with nutrient-dense foods to give the intestinal lining a chance to heal and seal.
In my interview with Dr. Natasha, we talk about the importance of gut health for fertility, pregnancy as well as the important role that gut health plays in the health of your children!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
What is the connection between the hormonal health and gut health?
- The relationship between menstrual cycle irregularities and gut dysbiosis
- How do antibiotics impact gut flora?
- What impact do hormonal contraceptives have on gut flora?
- The role that breastfeeding and vaginal delivery play in the development of healthy gut flora
- The relationship between abnormal gut flora and illnesses such as Autism, ADHD, allergies, food sensitivities, eczema, asthma, etc.
- The relationship between miscarriage and the toxic load we acquire in our modern world
- The relationship between gut health and fertility
- Using the GAPS diet to heal and seal the gut wall and improve fertility
- Nutrition for fertility, preconception, and pregnancy
- The importance of cholesterol for fertility and pregnancy and hormone balance
- The difference between raw dairy products and pasteurized supermarket dairy products
- The role of fermented foods in the GAPS healing protocol
- Why is it important for both the mother and father to focus on their gut health when trying to conceive
- The relationship between gut health and acne
Connect with Dr. Natasha
- Dr. Natasha | Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
- GAPS Diet | Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
- Gut And Psychology Syndrome – Natural Treatment for Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Depression, and Schizophrenia (book) | Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)