In today’s episode, I have 2 members of the Fertility Friday community on the show to share their experience with hormonal contraceptives. Both LeAnna and Samantha had a range of negative experiences while on hormonal contraceptives, but like most women, they didn’t realize the pill was the cause of their symptoms until much later.
Samantha and LeAnna candidly share their experiences with hormonal contraceptives. From panic attacks, to anxiety and depression, they tell all.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- LeAnna shares her experience taking hormonal contraceptives.
- Why in LeAnna’s case, her panic attacks many years after she first started using hormonal contraceptives.
- What made LeAnna realize that the pill was behind her symptoms
- LeAnna’s transition from hormonal contraceptive to fertility awareness and how it impacts her overall health.
- Why the most common side effects of using hormonal contraceptives are not what you think they are
- Samantha shares her experience using hormonal contraceptives.
- She shares the effects that she experienced and how it led her to the fertility awareness method.
- Samantha shares how the pill affected her mood.
- Why the is pill often the last thing women consider to be the cause of their symptoms.
Connect with Lisa.
- FFP 137 | Panic Attacks, Emotional Breakdowns, and Recurrent Yeast Infections | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Briana & Cieara
- FFP 135 | Are Your Menstrual Products Toxic? | The Truth About Conventional Pads & Tampons | Managing Menstruation in Low Resource Settings | Molly Hayward
- Cora Tampons | Organic Tampons That Work
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program | Program Details
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor | Cora Tampons
This episode is sponsored by Cora! Made from 100% organic cotton, Cora tampons were designed not only to help you manage your periods but also to preserve your health. For every month of tampons you buy, Cora gives a month of pads along with menstrual health education to a girl in need in India. Click here to receive your first month’s supply free of charge.
*Please note that Cora only ships within the United States.
Fertility Friday | 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program!
This episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program! Master Fertility Awareness in a supportive environment surrounded by an amazing group of like minded women! Click here to reserve your spot in the group!