Today’s episode is the newest installment of the Pill Reality Series. Julia had a stroke as a direct result of taking hormonal birth control. She shares her experience in today’s episode.
Click here for other episodes in the Pill Reality Series.
Today’s episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program.
You are invited to join us in the Fertility Awareness Mastery program! Master Fertility Awareness, take a deep dive into your cycles, and discover the connection between your fertility and your health. Click here to apply now!
- Julia’s history with hormonal contraceptives, and the events leading up to the stroke
- The early warning signs and symptoms that Julia was at risk
- The lengthy recovery process
- Why in Julia’s case, she can never use hormonal birth control again
- Why so most of us don’t consider blood clots and stroke to be a significant risk factor
- Why women’s experiences are often minimized by health professionals
- The importance of informed choice as it relates to women’s health, and birth control in particular
Connect with Lisa:
- Pill Reality Series | Fertility Friday
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program | Fertility Friday
- Fertility Friday Programs
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Take The Pill Long Term
- FFP 203 | The Pill Problem | Ross Pelton
- FFP 095 | Cervical Cancer & The Pill | Menstrual Suppression | Cervical Dysplasia | Abnormal Pap | No More Periods? The Blessings of the Curse | Dr. Susan Rako
- FFP 079 | The Top 10 Unexpected Effects of Coming Off The Pill | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 029 | Learning to use Fertility Awareness after Coming Off of the Pill | Managing PCOS Naturally | Jennifer Neff
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!