In today’s episode Teal shares her birth control journey from one type to another until she finally discovered fertility awareness cycle charting. You’ll discover how Teal’s personal experience and challenges with both hormonal and non-hormonal contraceptives inspired her to bring fertility awareness to her Clinical Herbalism practice.
Teal has always been deeply interested in exploring the ways that communities can come together to build health and resilience. She believes that self-care is an essential practice and that by nourishing ourselves, we are better able to show up for others. As a clinical herbalist, her goal is to work in partnership with clients to envision what wellness looks like for each individual, finding creative and pleasurable ways to incorporate herbs, medicinal foods, and seasonal practices into everyday life. Teal is a trauma-informed practitioner who emphasizes herbal care for generative/reproductive wellness, mental health, and navigating stressful times.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program, class of 2023! Early-bird registration is officially open for next year’s class of 2023. Will you be joining us? Click here to register now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Teal’s menstrual cycle history and her journey
- What inspired Teal to learn Fertility Awareness Method and to bring it to her practice
- Teal’s experience with hormonal and non-hormonal birth control
- Why Teal experienced with multiple contraceptives
- Teal’s experience with the different contraceptives
- Why Teal hesitated using the Fertility Awareness Method
Connect with Teal:
You can connect with Teal on her Instagram.
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 359 | Starting From Scratch | Fertility Awareness Cycle Charting Post-Pill | Lisa & Allison
- FFP 350 | Incorporating Fertility Awareness Into Your Professional Practice | Common Challenges | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 340 | 4 Steps To Learning Fertility Awareness | Post-Pill Charting | Postpartum Charting | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 289 | Taking the Leap from Hormonal Birth Control to Fertility Awareness | Stephanie & Lisa
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!