Does the pill alter our sexual preferences? In today’s FAMM Research Series episode, I’m sharing a research study that asks the question: does the pill interfere with your choice of partner? If you’ve heard of the infamous “T-Shirt studies” then you know exactly what we’ll be getting into today!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program, class of 2024! Use this link to join the waiting list for next year’s program!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Does the pill effect our choice of partner
- Does coming off the pill alter how we view our choice of mate
- The different ways this study has been looked at and viewed
- How someone smells effects how we select mates
- How the fertile windows effects how women perceive their partner or mate
- Studies that test men and the difference of attraction to women based on the women’s fertile window
- How women on the pill tend to choose their partners
Connect with Lisa:
- Does the contraceptive pill alter mate choice in humans?
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 405 | Getting Your Partner On Board With Charting | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 297 | This is Your Brain on Birth Control | Dr. Sarah Hill, PhD.
- FFP 295 | The IUD, The Pill, and Important Side Effects You Should Know About | Pill Reality Series | Katherine & Lisa
- FFP 255 | Is Questioning The Pill Anti Feminist? | Beyond The Pill | Dr. Jolene Brighten, ND
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply