Does the pill shrink the clitoris and vulvar tissue?!? Unfortunately, the answer is yes. Join me in today’s brand new FAMM Research Episode for a deep dive into sexual side effects of hormonal birth control.
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAMM! Registration is officially open for the next round of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program! Classes begin on October 4th. Follow this link to apply now!
Have you grabbed your copy of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook? It is the first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign. Grab your copy here.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- How the pill effects the clitoris and vaginal structures
- What is the effect of hormonal contraceptive on the volume of the clitoris and sexual function
- Why is the study controversial
- What was the studies sample size
- Why Lisa thinks the study is relevant amongst the controversy
- What did they do to the women before the study
- What markers were they looking at
- How did they separate the study group
- Length of the study
- What were the results of the study
Connect with Lisa:
- Clitoral vascularization and sexual behavior in young patients treated with drospirenone-ethinyl estradiol or contraceptive vaginal ring
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 460 | Are Sexual Preferences Altered By The Pill? | FAMM Research Series | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 361 | Yes The Pill Does Cause Anxiety | Pill Reality Series | Lisa & Gabby
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 306 | Does The Pill Cause Anxiety and Depression? | Lisa & Teresa
- FFP 295 | The IUD, The Pill, and Important Side Effects You Should Know About | Pill Reality Series | Katherine & Lisa
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!