Hannah has been affectionately dubbed the “Kombucha Mama” and since 2004 she has been brewing Kombucha and educating others about how easy it is to make this delicious and healthy “longevity elixir”. Hannah has taught workshops all over the US for over a decade spreading the message of Kombucha and the bacterial benefits, and her how-to videos have pilled up hundreds of thousands of views! Also Hannah’s new book: The Big Book of Kombucha has just come out on March 8th where she shares hundreds of recipes and flavoring ideas.
In today’s show, Hannah and I talk all about Kombucha! The health benefits of this amazing fermented, probiotic beverage, and the different ways it can be beneficial for women after coming off of hormonal birth control, trying to get pregnant, or during pregnancy!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is Kombucha?
- What role can Kombucha play in improving fertility?
- The role that Kombucha can play in the detoxification process
- Why is Kombucha such a powerful natural probiotic?
- What the heck is a SCOBY?
- Where did modern soda pop actually come from?
- How naturally fermented sodas like Kombucha can help you kick your soda pop addiction!
- How do you make Kombucha? And how can you flavor it?
- Is Kombucha safe during pregnancy?
- When might Kombucha not be right for someone?
- The importance of following your gut and listening to your body
- The role Kombucha can play in improving skin health and reducing acne
- Why fermenting your own foods can transform the way you think about food
- The importance of gut health during pregnancy
Connect with Hannah
- Kombucha Kamp | Hannah Crum
- The Big Book of Kombucha |Hannah Crum
- Kombucha Kamp on YouTube | Hannah Crum
- FFP 066 | Gut Health and Fertility | Preconception Nutrition | GAPS Diet | Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)