In part two of the first episode of the Fertility Friday Podcast, I discuss some of the most common myths and facts about the Fertility Awareness Method and fertility in general. You can listen to it here:
If you haven’t had a chance to listen to part 1 you can find the show notes for part one here.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Women aren’t actually fertile all the time! This is possibly the most common and pervasive myth out there when it comes to fertility. Find out how many days each month women are actually fertile.
- How is it possible for a natural and hormone-free birth control method to be 99.6% effective?
- Why basal body temperature is important even though it won’t help you predict when you ovulate.
- How ovulation works and why it only happens once per cycle.
- Why it is a myth that all women ovulate on day 14 and have 28-day cycles.
- Why the best time to have sex when you’re trying to conceive is actually not on ovulation day.
- Why it’s possible to get pregnant when you’re on your period.
- Why you can use the Fertility Awareness Method even if you have “irregular cycles”.
- What is the Rhythm Method? And how is the Fertility Awareness Method different?
- Why period apps can’t tell you when you’re fertile.
- How is Fertility Awareness different from Natural Family Planning?
- Why all cervical mucus is fertile and why this is important to know if you want to use Fertility Awareness to prevent pregnancy.
Resources discussed in today’s episode
- What Modern Birth Control has taken from Women – LadyClever.com
- Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler
- Justisse User Guide by Geraldine Matus
- Basal body thermometer
- Fertility Friday Facebook Page
- Fertility Friday on Twitter
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)