Discover why low-fat diets are terrible for both testosterone and sperm production in men in today’s episode with Joe Whittaker.
Joe Whittaker is a clinical nutritionist and researcher. He holds a master’s degree in Nutritional Therapy, from the University of Worcester. His research has been published in top academic journals, and widely covered by the media. His academic research is focused on men’s health, particularly testosterone and sperm health. He also runs a private clinic in the UK, and has helped a variety of clients improve their health and well being.
Link to his research study: Low-fat diets and testosterone in men: Systematic review and meta-analysis of intervention studies
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self Study Program!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by Saturee! Liver is one of the most nutrient dense foods available! Liver is rich in folate, choline, vitamin B12, iron, vitamin A, selenium, zinc, coenzyme Q10 and the list goes on, but unless you grew up eating it, you may have a hard time loving the taste. Saturee A+ liver capsules contain 100% Australian grass fed and finished beef liver with no fillers or preservatives. Click here to purchase today and enter coupon code FERTILITYFRIDAY for a 5% discount off your order!
- How nutrition relates to sperm health and testosterone production
- What men can do to support their testosterone and sperm health
- Joe’s background and what led home to focus on men’s health
- How calorie restriction effects men
- How men and women’s bodies are affected differently by intermittent fasting
- Insight on Joe’s research study
- Correlation between men’s testosterone production and sperm production
- What does testosterone decline
- What can men do to combat a decline in their testosterone
- What are the micronutrients that are key to men’s health
- Why would a vegetarian and vegan diet not be optimal for reproduction
Connect with Joe:
- Low-fat diets and testosterone in men: Systematic review and meta-analysis of intervention studies
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 352 | Decoding the Male Health Influencer Space | Intermittent Fasting, Fad Diets, & Your Menstrual Cycle | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 321 | Improving Sperm Quality | Everything You Need To Know About Male Factor Infertility | Marc Sklar
- FFP 320 | Male Factor Infertility | The Significance of Morphology | Prof. Thinus Kruger
- FFP 305 | Varicocele Diagnosis & Treatment | Male Factor Infertility | Dr. Mary Samplaski
- FFP 134 | Optimizing Sperm Health | Motility, Morphology & Sperm Count | Why He Needs To Get Tested ASAP | Marc Sklar
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: