Lisa is a Justisse Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner who has been working in the field since 1988. She has an extensive background in women’s reproductive health and fertility, and also works as a Natural Health Consultant (at the Pharmasave Health Centre) in Parksville, BC.
In today’s show, we talk about the important role that healthy liver function plays in balancing hormones, fertility, and menstrual cycle health.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What does the liver do and how does it do it?
- How can you reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals?
- What are the signs of an overburdened liver?
- SKILL: Skin, Kidneys, Intestines, Lungs, Liver – Learning more about these organs of elimination
- How liver function is connected to a healthy menstrual cycle
- The different types of Estrogen and the effects they have on your body
- How does the liver break down toxins?
- Detoxing: When is it necessary and how does this relate to women who are actively trying to conceive?
- The foods and herbs that are best for a healthy liver
- What happens if the liver can’t release toxins?
- How hormonal contraceptives impact liver function
- How does liver health impact recurring issues, such as headaches, during your cycle?
- The importance of keeping track of what your body is doing
Connect with Lisa
- FFP 038 | Using Fertility Awareness to Navigate Through Perimenopause and Menopause | Lisa Leger
- FFP 099 | HPA Axis Dysregulation, Adrenal Fatigue & Fertility | Stress Management | Kelsey Kinney (Marksteiner) RD
- Dan Barber’s Ted Talk: A foie gras parable
- The Estrogen-Plus-Progestin Study
- Estrogen’s Storm Season by Dr. Jerilynn Prior
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!