Melanie began working in the field of sexuality education in 1984 when she became a Planned Parenthood patient educator. She has created and facilitated numerous workshops in the area of sexuality and sexuality education. Her work in these areas leads her to pursue her Masters of Education and Ph.D. Her mission is to help people learn and enjoy sexuality. She currently consults privately with individuals and couples at the New Jersey Center for Sexual Wellness. She also provides professional development and facilitates presentations for medical health professionals.
In today’s show we talk about the importance of learning accurate information about sexuality from a young age, and what are some of the most common challenges both women and couples face in the area of sexuality. We discuss some of the ways that sexuality changes throughout the years in relationships, and how sexuality changes with age. We also talk about orgasms, female ejaculation, body image and many more juicy topics around sexuality!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Why is sex education important?
- At what age should parents start talking to their children about sex?
- How can parents address questions from their children about sexuality even when they don’t have all the answers?
- How can a certified sex educator help individuals and couples to improve their sex lives?
- What is the difference between a sexuality educator and a sex therapist?
- What are some of the most common issues women and couples face when it comes to sexuality?
- Why clitoral stimulation is important for women
- What is a female ejaculation?
- Where is my G-spot?
- The emotional aspect of orgasms
- How sexuality changes with age
- Body image and sexuality
Connect with Melanie
- Transforming Lives Through Sexuality Education | Dr. Melanie Davis
- Sexuality and Aging Today | Dr. Melanie Davis
- American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors and Therapists
- Advocates for Youth | Rights Respect Responsibility
- Scarleteen | Sex Ed for the Real World
- Naked at Our Age | Joan Price
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)