Amy Medling is a Certified PCOS Health Coach who has helped thousands of women overcome their PCOS symptoms and restore their fertility naturally through the programs she has developed. After receiving her own diagnosis of PCOS she embarked on her own journey to health by doing her own research and trying many different approaches. She was able to heal herself and regain her fertility naturally and that inspired her to do the same for other women also struggling with PCOS symptoms.
In today’s show Amy and I talk about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) in detail. We talk about what it is, what symptoms are required for an “official diagnosis”, and what are some of the most common but less known symptoms of PCOS. We discuss why many women may have PCOS symptoms but don’t necessarily make the connection to a PCOS diagnosis. Amy discusses in detail what tests you should be requesting from your doctor if you think you may have PCOS, and we talk about how fertility awareness cycle charting can help you identify it early. Amy also talks about what steps you can take to heal your PCOS naturally. If you’ve ever had questions about PCOS you’ll learn a lot from this episode!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What Amy’s experience with PCOS was like and how she was able to balance her hormones naturally and eventually create PCOS Diva to help other women do the same
- What is PCOS? And why the name Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome may be misleading
- What are the common symptoms of PCOS? And why might women have symptoms but not be aware that they have PCOS?
- What are the specific tests that you should be asking your doctor or health practitioner to run to confirm a PCOS diagnosis?
- The link between hypothyroid (hashimoto’s thyroiditis) and PCOS
- The link between insulin resistance, diabetes, and PCOS
- How NaPro technology, a form of fertility awareness charting, helped Amy to identify that she had PCOS in the first place
- The 5 steps you can take to heal your PCOS and restore your fertility and your menstrual cycles naturally
- Why Amy’s approach includes more than just a supplement list and dietary recommendations. The role that lifestyle, exercise and stress management play in our lives plays in our overall health and fertility
Connect with Amy!
- PCOS Diva | Amy Medling
- PCOS Diva | Jumpstart program | Amy Medling
- PCOS 101 Guide to Health and Hope | PCOS Diva
- 5 Reasons the pill may NOT be the answer for PCOS | PCOS Diva
- Is the pill worth the risk? | PCOS Diva
- add link to podcast episode – taming of flames of PCOS dr felish girse
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)