Sara is a fertility law lawyer based in Toronto, with clients throughout Canada and beyond. She is the founder of Fertility Law Canada and a partner at D2Law LLP where her practice is exclusively devoted to fertility law. She approaches fertility law with the compassion, empathy and the respect it deserves. Sara regularly acts on behalf of intended parents, surrogate mothers, egg donors, sperm donors, embryo donors, and other people involved with reproductive technologies. She is also an adjunct professor of law at Osgoode Hall Law School where she teaches reproductive law. Sara is an advocate for all parties involved in third party reproductive technology- loves what she does and it shows!
In today’s show, we talk about Fertility Law and the legal implications of assisted reproductive technologies.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- At what point is it necessary to seek legal support?
- How does the law restrict the use of frozen embryos if a couple separates after the embryos were made?
- What are the laws around surrogacy?
- What is the difference between traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy?
- What are the laws regarding egg, embryo, and sperm donation?
- Preventing consanguinity (too many offspring from the same donor)
- Canadian law around sperm donation (and why it has led to a sperm shortage in Canada)
- Regulations about egg, sperm, and embryo donation around the world
- Open versus anonymous donation
Connect with Sara:
- Fertility Law Canada | Sara Cohen
- Oprah Winfrey Show – When Dad is a Sperm Donor
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Programs
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 011 | Age-Related Fertility Decline | Using Reproductive Technologies | IVF IUI & IVM | Dr. Melanie McDowall
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
- FFP 196 | Egg Donation | Infertility | The World Egg Bank | Diana Thomas
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!