Sarah is the Founder of Grace Of the Moon and the founder of one of the very few Fertility Awareness Education teacher training programs available in North America. Sarah is a midwife, a Fertility Awareness Educator, and a Holistic Women’s Health Counsellor. She has been working in the field of women’s health for over 16 years. Not to mention that she has been charting her own cycle for over 23 years! She is an active member of the Association of Fertility Awareness Professionals, and the Natural Fertility Network in Ashland Oregon where she provides alternative and holistic options for women and couples dealing with infertility, as well as helping women and couples optimize their health during the preconception period.
And in today’s show, we talk about Fertility Awareness and the important role it plays in developing body literacy, the profound shift that often happens for women as they learn to listen to their body’s wisdom by charting their cycles, the future of fertility awareness education and much more!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is body literacy?
- Why aren’t women taught body literacy and fertility awareness in schools?
- The connection between our bodies and nature
- What role does fertility awareness play in encouraging women to deepen their relationships with their bodies?
- Taking a holistic approach to improving fertility and menstrual health
- Why is it beneficial for women to learn fertility awareness from a teacher?
- The future of Fertility Awareness Education
Connect with Sarah
- Grace of the Moon | Sarah Bly
- Natural Fertility Network | Sarah Bly
- FACTS | Fertility Appreciation Collaborative to Teach the Science
- Association of Fertility Awareness Professionals
- FFP 021 | What Hormonal Contraceptives Really do to Women | Sweetening the Pill | Holly Grigg-Spall
- FFP 078 | Lunapads & The Diva Cup | Sustainable, Eco-friendly & Healthy Menstrual Products | Madeleine Shaw & Suzanne Siemens
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)