Professor Kruger, the founder of the first IVF clinic in South Africa (Tygerberg Fertility Clinic, Stellenbosch University), is also the proud co-founder and partner of Aevitas Fertility Clinic, established in 2003. Prof Kruger acted as leader of the team at Tygerberg Fertility Clinic, which lead to
- The first test tube baby in South Africa (1984);
- The first frozen embryo pregnancy in South Africa, (1988);
- The first baby born from ICSI (intra cytoplasmic sperm injection) in South Africa (1995)
- Standardisation of international sperm morphology guidelines, by the World Health Organisation (WHO), from research conducted by the team.
From a personal and clinical perspective, Professor Kruger believes in a holistic approach towards infertility and always tries to assist his patients by solving problems in the simplest and most cost effect way possible.
In today’s episode we talk about male factor infertility, and the important role sperm morphology plays in natural conception.
Join us for an upcoming Masterclass all about Postpartum Cycle Charting on Wednesday July 22nd! Click here to register now! You’ll want to register to gain access to the replay even if you aren’t able to join live!
- What brought Professor Kruger to focus on fertility challenges and more specifically, challenges in sperm morphology
- Professor Kruger’s analyzation of sperm and that certain sperm shapes have a connection with pregnancy rates
- What is morphology?
- If morphology effects fertilization?
- What the impact of male infertility can have on a couple trying to conceive naturally
- What a female should know about morphology
- What are things men can focus on when they are identified to have low morphology
- The time frame a couple can expect it to take for the changes to take effect
- Professor Kruger’s perspective on the decline in male sperm count and quality
- Whether there is a link between morphology and quality of the sperm in terms of integrity of the DNA.
- There are practical things to improve the quality of the males sperm if problems are detected in the males sperm
Connect with Professor Kruger:
You can connect with Professor Kruger on his website.
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 305 | Varicocele Diagnosis & Treatment | Male Factor Infertility | Dr. Mary Samplaski
- FFP 262 | Should Men Be Equally Responsible For Birth Control? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 134 | Optimizing Sperm Health | Motility, Morphology & Sperm Count | Why He Needs To Get Tested ASAP | Marc Sklar
- FFP 080 | Can Your Relationship Survive Fertility Challenges? | Save The Marriage | Dr. Lee Baucom
- FFP 032 | Acupuncture for Fertility | Male Factor Infertility | Marc Sklar
- FFP 023 | Can Fertility Awareness Bring you and your Partner Closer Together? | Kindara Charting App | Will Sacks
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: