Toni is the author of the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility! Like many of you listening, Taking Charge of Your Fertility was the very first resource that I relied on when I first discovered the fertility awareness method, and I have mentioned her book in nearly every podcast interview that I’ve done on the topic of fertility awareness! Her book has been responsible for helping literally hundreds of thousands of women avoid pregnancy naturally, maximize their chances of getting pregnant, or helping them to gain a better understanding of their overall health and fertility through charting.
Toni has a master’s degree in public health and is a nationally respected women’s health educator and speaker. She is also the author of Cycle Savvy, a book for teenage girls about their bodies. Toni has also recently released the 20th anniversary edition of Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and in today’s episode we delve into the new edition of the book, what is different in the new and revised version as well as the impact that her work has had over the years in educating women about their fertility, their bodies and their health.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is Fertility Awareness and how is it different from the Rhythm Method?
- Why is the Fertility Awareness Method Effective?
- Is the Fertility Awareness Method complicated to learn?
- Are women fertile every day?
- How can women determine when they are fertile each month?
- Is it possible for women to use the Fertility Awareness Method successfully as a method of birth control?
- Why do the “rules” work for preventing pregnancy
- Why are some women more fertile than others?
- How are certain health issues reflected in a woman’s menstrual cycle charts?
- What is the role of basal body temperature in the Fertility Awareness Method?
- For women who are trying to get pregnant, when is the best time to have unprotected sex?
- How useful are ovulation predictor kits versus for a woman who is using the Fertility Awareness Method?
- When is the best time to take a home pregnancy test?
Connect with Toni
You can connect with Toni on her website!
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility | Toni Weschler
- Cycle Savvy | Toni Weschler
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility (book) | Toni Weschler
- Cycle Savvy: The Smart Teen’s Guide to the Mysteries of Her Body (book) | Toni Weschler
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)