In this episode I stray from my usual interview format to share some information about an important topic, xenoestrogen exposure, and some of the ways to reduce your daily exposure to these endocrine disrupting hormones.
In case you don’t know me already a few things you might want to know are that I trained as a Justisse Body Literacy Advocate with Justisse Healthworks for Women several years ago, I have been charting my own menstrual cycles using the Fertility Awareness Method for the past 14 years or so, and I am the founder of FertilityFriday.com as well as the Fertility Friday Podcast!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
What are xenoestrogens and how do they disrupt the balance of our hormones?
- What impact can xenoestrogens have on the menstrual cycle?
- The link between conventional meat and dairy products and menstrual cycle irregularities
- Why it might be a good idea to consider eating organic and local when possible
- Why you might want to do a household cleaning product and beauty product detox
- How conventional cleaning products can destroy indoor air quality
- Why the birth control pill is actually a xenoestrogen
- How does the birth control pill impact a woman’s hormones?
Connect with Lisa
- Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 037 | Managing Your Fertility Naturally with Fertility Awareness | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Clean 15 | Environmental Working Group
- The Dirty Dozen | Environmental Working Group
- “No poo” | DIY Baking Soda & Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse | Mind Body Green
- Easiest Natural DIY Deodorant Recipe Ever – How to make Natural Deodorant that Actually Works in 30 seconds or less!! | Fertility Friday
- Norwex Cleaning Products
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)