Danielle is the first Medical Doctor that I have interviewed on the podcast. Dr. Miller is board certified in Family Medicine and also has additional training as a Natural Procreative Technology Medical Consultant. As a NaPro physician, she has extensive experience in Natural Fertility Awareness and using a natural approach to correct common women’s health disorders. NaPro Technology is a new women’s health science that monitors and maintains a woman’s reproductive and gynecological health. It provides medical and surgical treatments that cooperate completely with the reproductive system. NaPro Technology Consultants have an extensive understanding of the female reproductive system and the fertility awareness method, and their treatment protocols are informed by the woman’s own unique menstrual cycle variations.
NaPro technology is a medical science that is based on the Creighton model of fertility awareness cycle charting. NaPro Physicians and Consultants work with a woman’s fertility awareness charts to identify the root causes of fertility challenges and menstrual cycle irregularities and treat them accordingly.
In today’s show we talk about NaPro Technology and how this method uses Fertility Awareness charting to inform diagnostic practices and treatment protocols. We talk about the wealth of information that a trained practitioner can draw from a woman’s fertility awareness charts, and the benefits of working with a woman’s fertility with the intention of addressing the root causes of her cycle irregularities and fertility challenges. We talk about the difference between the way that mainstream medicine treats women’s fertility concerns compared to the NaPro model of care.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is NaPro Technology?
- What is the Creighton method of fertility awareness charting?
- The difference between the mainstream medical approach to women’s care and the approach taken by NaPro Technology
- How NaPro Physicians and Consultants use a woman’s Fertility Awareness charts to do a full focused work-up and identify the underlying causes of her fertility challenges and/or menstrual cycle irregularities
- Why infertility isn’t actually a diagnosis, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem
- The problem with the mainstream approach to testing a woman’s reproductive hormone levels in a standardized way
- The benefits of measuring for specific hormone levels based on a woman’s actual menstrual cycle
- Why it matters to test for specific hormone levels at the correct time in a woman’s cycle
- The very real and practical application of a woman’s fertility awareness charts as a diagnostic tool in the treatment of reproductive health challenges
- The benefits of the NaPro Technology approach to surgery when required
- The specialized training that surgeons receive in minimally invasive and low scaring techniques for reproductive health issues such as endometriosis
- Progesterone therapy and the difference between synthetic and bi-identical hormones
- Why women who plan to conceive in the future should consider coming off of hormonal contraceptives a minimum of 6 to 12 months prior to when they plan to start trying
- Danielle Miller, MD | Family Medicine
- NaPro Technology | Unleashing the Power of a Woman’s Cycle
- Fertility Care | Find a Medical Consultant | Find a Teacher
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)