Diana is the Founder and CEO of The World Egg Bank. After successfully becoming pregnant, fertility specialists began approaching Diana asking for her help in finding egg donors for their own patients. She quickly discovered that there was a desperate need for a company that understood empowering recipients with information about egg donors, and the emotional sensitivity to navigate through the process of involving another person in their reproduction life. Through her own personal experience, she created a company that catered to the personal needs of intended parents as well as brought the best quality of care to the egg donors. For over 20 years, Diana’s egg donor agency has matched thousands of donors and couples nationwide and internationally.
In today’s episode, Diana shares her experience with infertility, and why it drove her to create The World Egg Bank to support women and families experiencing fertility challenges.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- Diana’s 15 year infertility journey, and how egg donation allowed her to conceive all 3 of her children
- A comparison between egg donation as it is now, to what it was like 20 years ago
- How to know if egg donation is right for you
- Why the age of the egg donor is more important when it comes to success rates
- The parallels between egg donation and adoption
- The difference between open and closed donation
- Should you tell your child the truth about their conception (if they were conceived via a donor egg)?
- How are egg donors selected?
- Are there restrictions for donors?
- The importance of egg quality when seeking egg donation
Connect with Diana:
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Resurrection Year by Sheridan Voysey
- Donor Egg Bank USA
- Fertility Friday Programs
- Women’s Monthly Kit | DAO Labs
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 011 | Age-Related Fertility Decline | Using Reproductive Technologies | IVF IUI & IVM | Dr. Melanie McDowall
- FFP 074 | Resurrection Year | Maintaining Hope Through Infertility | Sheridan Voysey
- FFP 088 | IVF Using Donor Eggs | Egg Donation | Infertility | Donor Egg Bank USA | Heidi Hayes
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
- FFP 160 | Clomid, Letrozole & IUI | How Effective Are Infertility Treatments? | IVF | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by the Women’s Monthly Kit by DAO Labs. Herbal medicine is an integral part of Chinese medicine. Herbs have been used for centuries for a variety of treatments and needs and remain incredibly popular today. DAO Labs is on a path to making Chinese herbal medicine more approachable, convenient and tasty. Revitalize and harmonize your cycle with two ancient herbal formulas with a modern twist. Click here for more information. Don’t forget to use code: FERTILITY at check out for 20% off your first order.
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!