Today I share with you the latest installment of my Pill Reality Series. I invited Lorena on the show to share her experience on hormonal contraceptives. Lorena was put on the pill when she was 13 years old and began developing feelings of anxiety, depression, and even suicidal thoughts. After coming off the pill around age 20 she says that she feels like a different person now. In our interview, we explore what her experience on the pill was like, and how she made the connection between the way she was feeling and the hormones in the pill.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- When did Lorena first started using the pill and how did it impact her moods?
- The connection between mood disorders and hormonal contraceptive use
- How the pill changed Lorena’s appetite
- The difference in Lorena’s personality after she stopped using the pill
- The link between depression and the pill
Connect with Lisa:
- Sweetening The Pill: or when we got hooked on hormonal birth control (book) | Holly Grigg Spall
- The Birth Control from Hell | Tia Taylor
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
Related podcasts & blog posts:
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!