Nora Pope is a Fertility Awareness advocate and looks forward to the day when all women attain fertility literacy and know when they are fertile. In 2020, Nora Pope co-founded Fertility Continuing Education, an organization that creates accredited post-graduate courses in the fields of fertility awareness, restorative fertility treatment and perinatal care for healthcare professionals.
Her publications include naturopathic treatments for epilepsy (Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Epilepsy), neurology, perinatal care, how to collaborate with other health care professionals, and cycle charting for several Naturopathic (“Day 21 No More: how to chart your cycle for the properly timed use of Progesterone HRT”, NDNR) and Midwifery publications Midwifery Today.)
She is a popular public speaker and, since 2003, Nora has been educating physicians, midwives, pharmacists, and health experts on the scientific use of natural medicines. At professional healthcare conferences, she has presented on drug-herb interactions, epilepsy, pregnancy, bio-identical progesterone HRT and fertility cycle charting.
And in today’s episode we talk about using the menstrual cycle as a vital sign for medical testing and much more!
If you’re wanting to learn even more, join us on Wednesday February 17th for a LIVE class all about incorporating fertility awareness into your professional practice! Follow this link to register today!
- What Nora is doing now in her career and what brought her to focus on combining charting with clinical practice
- Challenges on teaching charting and fertility awareness for a medical professional
- Nora’s charting and fertility awareness training experience and the benefits
- How the additional part of Nora’s training changed her medical practice
- How does charting help to identify progesterone issues or hormonal imbalances
- Suggestions on how to get your progesterone levels back to normal
- Ways to support the body to produce healthier follicles using the naturopathic approach
- Different phases of the menstrual cycle using the acupuncture method
- How epilepsy is related to the cycle
- Importance of charting with a certified charting specialist
- Importance of normal levels of progesterone
Connect with Nora:
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship (FAMM) Class of 2021
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 345 | Understanding Your Fifth Vital Sign | Lisa & Grace
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 319 | Her Period Saved Her Life | The Fifth Vital Sign | Fertility Awareness For Birth Control | Lisa & Michelle
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 169 | The Menstrual Cycle as a Diagnostic Tool | Sarah & Lisa
- FFP 106 | What You Need To Know About Progesterone and Pregnancy | Using Your Cycle To Time Hormone Testing | Fertility Awareness Method | Nora Pope
- FFP 071 | Connecting With the Wisdom of Your Menstrual Cycle | Fertility Massage Therapy | Clare Blake
- FFP 055 | Menstrual Cycle Health | Why Regular Ovulation is Essential for Bone, Heart and Breast Health | Dr. Jerilynn Prior
- FFP 036 | Increasing Body Literacy with Fertility Awareness | Health Benefits of Regular Ovulation | Feminism and The Pill | Laura Wershler
- FFP 014 | What does a Healthy Menstrual Cycle look like? | The Menstrual Cycle as the 5th Vital Sign | Colleen Flowers
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: