Today Lisa shares a brand-new episode in her Pill Reality Series. In this episode Barbara shares her experience with a lesser-known side effect of the birth control pill: Gall bladder issues. Barbara is the second woman in the Pill Reality Series to share how the pill led her to have her gall bladder removed to prevent frequent (painful) gall bladder attacks.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery LIVE 10 week group coaching program! We start on October 4th! Will you be joining us? Click here to register now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Barbara’s menstrual cycle history
- What led Barbara to hormonal contraceptives
- Symptoms Barbara encounter from using different forms of birth control
- Why Barbara skipped around on different forms of birth control
- What ultimately led Barbara to get off birth control
- Barbara’s experience with her gall bladder removal surgery
- Side effects Barbara experienced after she removed her gall bladder
Connect with Lisa:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 369 | Hormonal Contraceptives & Gall Bladder Problems | Pill Reality Series | Lucie Fink
- FFP 203 | The Pill Problem | Ross Pelton
- FFP 007 | What the pill really does to your hormones | PCOS & Menstrual Irregularities | Dr Lara Briden
- FFP 006 | The problem with the pill | Menstrual taboos | Groove charting app | Jennifer Aldoretta – CEO & Co-Founder of Groove
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!