Today I’m sharing a brand new pill reality series episode about the hormonal IUD and fibroids. Unfortunately in Augustina’s case, having an IUD placed worsened her fibroids. Tune into today’s episode to find out what happened.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What Augustina’s early menstrual cycle was like and how that led her to contraceptives
- What her IUD insertion was like and what happened after insertion
- What are fibroids and how they affect women and menstrual cycles
- How Augustina’s heavy bleeding affects her and her health
- The changes in Augustina’s fibroids post homornal IUD
- How Augustina has recovered post surgery and how her menstrual cycle has changed
- The importance of reading the prescribing information for medication before using
Connect with Augustina:
- FFP 356 | Bleeding Disorders in Women | Heavy Bleeding | Menorrhagia | Dr. Fiona Bethea & Jhon Velasco
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 290 | The Pill, The Hormonal IUD, and Pulmonary Embolisms | Lisa & Kat
- FFP 227 | Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals, Fibroids, and Epigenetics | Dr. Tiffany Katz, Ph.D.
- FFP 161 | Are IUDs Safer Than The Pill? | Hormonal IUDs vs Copper IUDs | Dr. Steve Gangemi
- FFP 136 | Endometriosis, PCOS & Fibroids | Surgical Techniques That Preserve Fertility | NaPro Technology | Dr. Kyle Beiter
- FFP 017 | Natural Treatment for Unexplained Infertility | Treating Endometriosis and Fibroids | Dr Shawna Darou, ND
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply