Can running a marathon cause you to lose your period? Join me for a fascinating conversation with FAMM practitioner Haley Smith as she shares how her period was impacted by her training schedule.
Haley is a Nutritionist and Certified FAMM Practitioner specializing in helping women find their answers to sub-fertility.
She’s on a mission to serve women who have never been taught how their fertility works or given agency on their journey to conception. She does so by bringing a step-by-step process to helping women understand their menstrual cycle and restore their fertility at the root cause level and conceive naturally.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What inspired todays episode
- Haley’s professional background and what inspired her to pursue her career
- Haley’s history trajectory
- How running and exercise effects your menstrual cycle
- Haley’s menstrual cycle history
- Hayley’s experience with amenorrhea
- What led to the changes in Haley’s cycle
- What inspired Haley to run a marathon
- The importance of tracking your cycle
Connect with Haley:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 338 | Lost Period? Get Your Period and Health Back on Track | Laura Schoenfeld
- FFP 155 | The Impact of Under-Eating on Your Fertility & Your Cycles | Lily Nichols
- FFP 025 | How Much Should Women Exercise During Pregnancy? | The Good, The Bad and the Uncomfortable | Lily Nichols
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!