Does the pill cause depression? In today’s episode, FAMM practitioner Nikki Zavitz joins me to talk about her experience transitioning off the pill and how that led her to make a shift in her business towards fertility awareness!
Nikki Zavitz is a Menstrual Cycle, Fertility Awareness and Body Literacy Educator, as well as a Certified Teacher who founded Pretty River Red Tent, an educational hub for Menstruality Education and Support from pre-puberty to post menopause. She is passionate about empowering women and girls to embrace and celebrate the power and rhythms of their cyclical nature. Nikki is a certified Menstruality Mentor and soon to be FAMM certified. She creates and facilitates one of a kind group and 1:1 workshops, courses and programs in person as well as online and offers support and resources for all things menstrual! She is also the Momma of 3 incredible daughters who she spends her days cyclically living and learning with.
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAMM! Registration is officially open for the next round of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program! Classes begin on October 4th. Follow this link to apply now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Nikki’s menstrual cycle history
- Nikki’s experience with birth control
- Symptoms and side effects Nikki experienced while on birth control
- What lead Nikki to use Fertility Awareness
- What lead Nikki to teach her clients Fertility Awareness Method
- How birth control robbed Nikki of many years of charting
- How Nikki’s personal experience rolled over into her professional practice
- Why there is such a negative connotation towards women’s periods
- Average age of menarch
Connect with Nikki:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 479 | The Pill Problem | Ross Pelton, PhD.
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 306 | Does The Pill Cause Anxiety and Depression? | Lisa & Teresa
- FFP 182 | Depression, Weight Gain & Mood Disorders | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Lisa & Lorena
- FFP 146 | Anxiety, Depression & Low Libido | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | LeAnna & Samantha
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!