How long does it really take to get an endometriosis diagnosis? In today’s episode FAMM participant Dr. Tina Krupczak joins me to share her 20+ year journey to getting an endometriosis diagnosis. Find out how her personal journey inspired her to incorporate fertility awareness into her clinical nutrition practice.
Dr. Tina Krupczak is a board-certified, licensed dietitian-nutritionist with a Masters in Nutrition & Integrative Health and a Doctorate of Clinical Nutrition. In her private practice she has helped countless individuals achieve their unique health goals. Inspired by her clients’ fertility success and desiring to share these effective strategies, Tina decided to conceive Concēv – a practice dedicated to proactive and holistic preconception planning that centers around the time before you’re officially “trying,” with a focus on changing men and women’s lifestyle and nutrition habits to optimize both of their reproductive health. Don’t get her started on any of the following: how overlooked men’s reproductive health is, how people prefer trends to science, or the short-sighted obsession with a woman’s D.O.B (date of birth).
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAMM! Registration is officially open for the next round of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program! Classes begin on October 4th. Follow this link to apply now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Dr. Tina’s menstrual cycle and hormonal birth control history
- What lead Dr. Tina to use FAM personally and professionally
- Dr. Tina’s experience with Endometriosis
- Generational history of endometriosis in Dr. Tina’s family
- Symptoms Dr. Tina experienced
- Average amount of time it takes a woman to be diagnosed with endometriosis
- Why is period pain so normalized
- How the way we are raised influences a women’s perspective on the menstrual cycle and period pain
- When Dr. Tina finally learned about endometriosis
- Why Dr. Tina became interested in women’s health
Connect with Dr. Tina Krupczak:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- [FAMM Practitioner Series] FFP 483 | Endometriosis, Period Pain, & Self-Advocacy | Brittany Cornish
- FFP 422 | Managing Endometriosis Naturally | Period Pain Replay Series | Jessica Drummond
- FFP 420 | Endometriosis | Managing Severe Period Pain | Stasha Washburn
- [FAMM Practitioner Series] FFP 392 | Endometriosis, Period Pain, & Self-Advocacy | Brittany Cornish
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!