In today’s episode Lisa shares her interview with Allison Yarrow — all about the pitfalls of our medicalized birth system. She shares her personal experience of birth and how it lead her to write her new book, Birth Control!
Allison Yarrow is an award-winning journalist, speaker, and author of Birth Control: The Insidious Power of Men Over Motherhood and 90s Bitch: Media, Culture, and the Failed Promise of Gender Equality.
She was a Ted resident, and her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Washington Post, Vox, Insider, USA Today, TIME, and Newsweek.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Who is Allison
- Allison’s personal experience giving birth
- What lead and inspired Allison to write her new book
- How Allison found out about at home birth
- Allison’s opinion on how women are educated on birth
- How women should be considered the expert on their own body
- Whose responsibility is it to educate girls on the menstrual cycle and birth
Connect with Allison:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!