Today I’m sharing a brand new interview with Lacey Dun — all about supporting thyroid function!
Lacey Dunn, MS, RD, LD, CPT is a functional medicine dietitian specializing in physique enhancement, weight management, thyroid disorders, PCOS, adrenal dysfunction, and metabolic resistance through her online coaching platform called UpliftFit Nutrition. She’s also the host of UpliftFit Nutrition radio. Lacey’s goal as a dietitian is to provide the tools that people need in order to achieve a healthy, and balanced diet while simultaneously helping them to grow and thrive in all aspects of their lives. Her best-selling book “The Women’s Guide to Hormonal Harmony” which is available on Amazon gives women the knowledge, tools, and confidence to rebalance your hormones, master your metabolism, and become the boss of your own body no matter if you’ve got a thyroid disorder, hormonal imbalance, or gut problems.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program, Class of 2022!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Lacey’s personal journey that led her to the field she works in and what promoted her to write her book
- Lacey’s experience with doctors and getting tested for her thyroid issues
- How Lacey helps her clients advocate for their health with their doctors
- Most common symptoms of thyroid issues
- Difference between hypo and hyper thyroidism
- How your diet and exercise routine effect your thyroid
- Key nutrients and food sources that support a healthy thyroid
Connect with Lacey:
- UpLiftFit Podcast
- Women’s Guide to Hormonal Harmony
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 377 | Thyroid Health, Fertility, and Iodine | Summer Replay Series | Dr. David Brownstein | Dr. Denis Wilson
- FFP 288 | Thyroid Disorders | Identifying The Root Cause | Dr. Eric Balcavage & Dr. Erica Riggleman
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 234 | Thyroid Health and Your Charts | Lisa & Taq
- FFP 164 | Thyroid Health and Fertility | Erika Enos
- FFP 124 | Thyroid Health & Fertility, Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | Iodine & Thyroid Function | Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome | Dr. David Brownstein, MD | Dr. Denis Wilson, MD
- FFP 116 | Stop The Thyroid Madness | Going Beyond Synthroid & Getting to the Root Cause of Thyroid Disorders | Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | What to do when your Doctor Won’t Cooperate | Janie Bowthorpe, M. Ed.
- FFP 111 | 8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS | Inflammation, Gut Health, Thyroid Disorders & PCOS | Infertility | Autoimmunity | Dr. Fiona McCulloch, ND
- FFP 046 | Healing Your Thyroid Naturally with Nutrient Rich Foods | Thyroid Health and Fertility | Andrea Beaman
- FFP 041 | Thyroid Health and Fertility | Dr. Maureen Rozenn
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!