Marc is the founder and Clinical Director of the Reproductive Wellness Clinic in San Diego California. He has extensive experience and expertise in treating and resolving the causes of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss with classical Acupuncture and Chinese Medicines. A culmination of studying world religions and ancient healing techniques, combined with extensive world travel, gives Marc a unique understanding of the human body and spirit. A Doctor of Acupuncture, Board Certified Herbalist and Oriental Medicine Practitioner, and Fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine, Marc approaches his patients with an open mind, compassion and a medically integrative perspective.
In today’s show we talk about the role that acupuncture can play in improving fertility in both women and men. We discuss the importance of seeking assistance early especially if a woman is noticing signs of sub-optimal fertility. We talk about male factor infertility, why it is so important for men to be tested early, and the myth that infertility is a women’s issue. After today’s show I’m thinking that a lot more men will be heading out to see their fertility doctor for some basic fertility testing!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- How effective is acupuncture in improving IVF outcomes?
- The benefits of using acupuncture for several months prior to starting IVF treatments
- The benefits of acupuncture to improve fertility for both women and men
- When should women seek assistance with fertility issues? When is the best time to reach out for help?
- Why is pre-conception care so important for women?
- The impact of age on fertility, and the importance of seeking out fertility assistance early
- What is the typical time-frame for women who seek acupuncture treatment for fertility related issues?
- How important is it to have the male partner tested when a couple is facing fertility challenges?
- Why it’s important to consider having the male partner tested right off the bat
- The myth that infertility is generally a woman’s issue
- What is male factor infertility? What are the specific issues involved?
- The importance of testing for sperm motility, morphology, and sperm count
Connect with Marc!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)