Molly is an American homebirth midwife, reproductive health advocate, and educator, specializing in supporting pregnancy loss and abortion. She works with a full spectrum of reproductive experiences and supports individuals and families in finding the best options for themselves, including traditional, home- and plant-based alternatives.
She teaches workshops on a variety of subjects within alternative reproductive healthcare aiming to provide empowered support for our complicated and fluid reproductive lives. She has taught hundreds of people the art and science of alternative fertility management, honoring its roots, and exploring its potential to change the way we relate to our bodies, our fertility, and our bleeding. She also loves catching babies and supporting birthing and postpartum families.
In today’s show, we talk about abortion, miscarriage, pregnancy loss, stillbirth, and menstrual extraction. We talk about the role midwifery care plays in helping women to manage these devastating life events. Please keep in mind that in today’s episode we are talking about extremely difficult and sensitive topics. If you have experienced pregnancy loss of any kind this episode may be triggering for you.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Herbal abortion, emmenagogues & herbs that encourage menstruation and abortion
- The complexities of seeking support for an abortion if you have limited access in your region
- Financial barriers to miscarriage
- The implications of seeking support for abortion from a midwife
- What is a Full Spectrum Doula/Full Spectrum Midwifery?
- What is menstrual extraction, and in what situations can it be used?
- What role can menstrual extraction play for athletes, early abortion, and miscarriage?
- How did the introduction of hormonal contraceptives impact the prevalence of menstrual extraction?
- The implications of menstrual extraction for endometriosis
- The reality of miscarriage
- The emotional impact of pregnancy loss
- The different ways women experience miscarriage
- Should women allow miscarriage to happen naturally or seek medical intervention? (when the fetal heartbeat is not detected anymore for example)
- The traumatic experience of stillbirth and late-term pregnancy loss
- The role of midwifery care in pregnancy loss
- Supporting women who have experienced pregnancy loss
Connect with Molly
- Molly Dutton-Kenny | Certified Professional Midwife
- FFP 091 | The Fifth Vital Sign | Fertility Awareness Method | Reproductive Health | Kelsey Knight & Emily Varnam
- FFP 018 | Arvigo Abdominal Therapy | Vaginal Steaming | Traditional Maya healing for Fertility and Menstrual Cycle Irregularities| Dr. Rosita Arvigo
- FFP 009 | Sacred Fertility Foods | The key to having healthy babies and a healthy pregnancy | Sally Fallon-Morell
- FFP 093 | Mind & Body Connection to Fertility | Visualization & Meditation for Fertility | Circle + Bloom | Joanne Verkuilen
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
This episode is sponsored by Circle + Bloom! Click here to receive 20% off Circle + Bloom products! Make sure to use discount code: FertilityFriday at checkout!