Nora Pope is a retired naturopathic doctor and Creighton Model FertilityCare Practitioner with a private practice in Toronto from 2002-19. She is a graduate of the NaPro Technology Medical Consultant Auditor Program and has been presenting continuing education programs to healthcare professionals since 2004. For more information on her courses, please visit: www.fertilityCE.com.
In today’s episode, Nora and I talk about using a woman’s menstrual cycle chart as a diagnostic tool both from a medical perspective and from a Naturopathic perspective. We focus on assessing a woman’s hormonal levels and supporting them in a way that aligns with her menstrual cycle. We also focus on progesterone levels specifically. How to test for progesterone, what your levels should be, how to know if your levels are low, and what to do about it if they are.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is the difference between bio-identical progesterone and synthetic progesterone?
- What is NaPro (Natural Procreative) technology?
- How can NaPro technology be applied to a woman’s cycle from a Naturopathic perspective?
- What is wrong with using the 28-day menstrual cycle model to inform testing and treatment of women?
- Why is the standard day 21 progesterone test useless for most women most of the time?
- When should a woman’s progesterone be tested to get an accurate reading?
- How do a woman’s progesterone levels change during pregnancy?
- What role does progesterone play in sustaining a pregnancy?
- What is the optimal lab range for progesterone 7 days after ovulation?
- How would you know if your progesterone might be low?
- How are a woman’s progesterone levels related to her mental health?
- What is the relationship between progesterone levels and seizures?
Connect with Dr. Pope
- Nora Pope ND | Nora Pope
- NaPro Technology
- FFP 062 | Acupuncture for Fertility and Menstrual Cycle Health | Jani White
- FFP 055 | Menstrual Cycle Health | Why Regular Ovulation is Essential for Bone, Heart and Breast Health | Dr. Jerilynn Prior
NaPro Technology Related Podcast Episodes
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
This episode is sponsored by Circle + Bloom! Click here to receive 20% off Circle + Bloom products! Make sure to use discount code: FertilityFriday at checkout!