Shawn is a bestselling author and creator of The Model Health Show, featured as the #1 Health podcast in the country on iTunes. A graduate of The University of Missouri – St. Louis, Shawn studied business, biology, and kinesiology, and went on to be the founder of Advanced Integrative Health Alliance, a company that provides wellness services for individuals and organizations worldwide. Shawn has been featured in Entrepreneur magazine, Men’s Health magazine, ESPN, FOX News, and many other media outlets.
In today’s show, we talk about sleep, and why it is critical for health, fertility, balanced hormones and much more!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Shawn’s journey back to health after his experience with a debilitating illness
- The role that sleep plays in the body’s detoxification process
- The importance of preparing for a good night’s sleep
- The relationship between sleep, insulin levels, and weight gain
- The relationship between sleep deprivation and food cravings
- Why is sleep so important for overall health and fertility?
- What happens to our bodies if we aren’t getting enough quality sleep?
- What are some of the ways that we can optimize our sleep?
- How can what you do first thing in the morning impact your sleep quality at night?
- What is the relationship between sleep and hormone balance?
- What impact does sleep deprivation have on sex drive?
The negative impact of light on your sleep quality at nighttime
Connect with Shawn
- The Shawn Stevenson Model | Shawn Stevenson
- The Model Health Show (Podcast) | Shawn Stevenson
- Sleep Smarter: 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to a Better Body, Better Health, and Bigger Success
- Sleep Smarter – 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to a Better Body, Better Health, and Bigger Success (book)
- FFP 053 | The Effect of Light on the Menstrual Cycle and Fertility | Sleeping in Darkness to Regulate Menstruation | Natural Family Planning | Joy DeFelice
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)