Sheridan is a writer, speaker and broadcaster on faith and spirituality from Oxford UK who has written several books including Resurrection Year: Turning Broken Dreams into New Beginnings which we will be talking about today! He has spent 18 years in radio, and has been featured in numerous TV and radio programs, and he speaks at numerous conferences and events internationally.
In today’s show we talk about Sheridan’s book Resurrection Year which chronicles the 10 year fertility journey that he and his wife went through, after which they did not conceive or adopt. We talk about broken dreams, and what happens on the other side when you don’t get the outcome you were hoping for.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Sheridan shares the story of he and his wife’s 10 year fertility journey
- How they were able to move on and find peace, although there was no baby at the end of their journey
- How Sheridan and his wife were able to maintain their relationship in the face of their fertility struggles
- Advice for couples struggling with infertility who ultimately wish to preserve their relationship
- The different ways that men and women experience fertility struggles, and why men tend to “give up” first
- The blow that infertility can have on men and their sense of masculinity
- The Australian adoption process
- How to manage the well meaning comments and suggestions from friends and family
- How to support friends and family who are struggling with fertility challenges
- What is a resurrection year?
- What are some ways we can create a fresh start and create a resurrection year in our own lives?
Connect with Sheridan
You can connect with Sheridan on his website
- Sheridan Voysey
- Resurrection Year: Turning Broken Dreams into New Beginnings (book) | Sheridan Voysey
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)