Willow is a certified classical homeopath, labor doula, and prenatal yoga teacher. She has a Bachelor of Science in Neuropsychology. And she combined her holistic interests with her medical studies and ventured into homeopathy. For the last 8 years has helped families and individuals of all ages handle everything from anxiety and depression to morning sickness and sore throats. She is a huge proponent of the body’s power to heal itself and infuses nutrition with real food into her practice. And when became pregnant herself her focus shifted leading her down her current path as a prenatal, birth, and postpartum guide and co-author of the recently published book, How to Conceive Naturally and Have a Healthy Pregnancy After 30.
In today’s show, we talk about how to prepare for pregnancy before you start trying to conceive and why it’s important to do so! We will also be talking about what women need to know about having babies after age 30!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
Why it is important for women to prepare for pregnancy for at least 3 months prior to conception
- Epigenetics – how what women eat impacts the expression of their genes and their unborn children’s genes as well
- Why what women eat before they even become pregnant will have an impact on their children
- The importance of preconception detoxification, and how the detoxification process may be different than what you think it would be
- What is the connection between sugar, gluten, and infertility?
- How can food sensitivities impact fertility?
- The negative impact of alcohol on fertility
- What foods women should eat preconception and during pregnancy to nourish the body and boost fertility
- Why women who are trying to get pregnant should avoid low-fat diets at all costs
- The benefits of raw dairy for fertility
- The important role that protein plays during pregnancy and why it is important for women to get enough of it both before and during pregnancy
- What does impact waiting to have a baby at an “advanced maternal age” (i.e. 30 and over) have on a woman’s fertility and her ability to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy?
Connect with Willow
- How to Conceive Naturally | Willow Buckley
- How to Conceive Naturally and Have a Healthy Pregnancy After 30 (book)
- Balancing Your Health | Willow Buckley
- The Whole Journey | Christa Oreccio
- FFP 009 | Sacred Fertility Foods | The key to having healthy babies and a healthy pregnancy | Sally Fallon-Morell
- FFP 054 | The MTHFR Gene Mutation and Fertility | Recurrent Miscarriage, Nutrient Deficiencies, and Folic Acid | Diane Keddy
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)