Allison is a Fertility Awareness Educator who has trained with Justisse Healthworks for Women to be a Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner (HRHP). She has her Masters of Applied Science in the area of Sexual Health, and she has a passion for sexual health, fertility and education in these areas!
In today’s episode we talk about how to use the Fertility Awareness Method when you’re trying to conceive. We talk about the most important fertility sign to watch for, how to know when you ovulate, how to check for cervical mucus, and much more. You can listen to it here:
Connect with Allison!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- How to identify when you’re in your fertile window
- Why ovulation day isn’t necessarily the best day to focus on when trying to conceive
- The limitations of ovulation predictor kits
- What is peak day and what does it have to do with ovulation?
- The importance of cervical mucus and how it keeps sperm alive for up to 5 days!
- How checking your cevix can help to identify your fertile window
- What is peak cervical mucus and why is it important when you’re trying to conceive?
- How to check for cervical mucus
- Why it is important to check for mucus both before and after you use the bathroom
- How charting your cycles can provide important information about your overall health
- Do orgasms help improve your chances of getting pregnant?
- Are women more aroused during their fertile window? What does the research say?
- Sex Education with Allison | Allison Macbeth
- Justisse Method – Fertility Awareness
- Justisse User Guide by Geraldine Matus
- UBC Centre for Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation Research
- Justisse Charting app
- The Kindara charting app
- Grace of the Moon – Fertility Awareness
- Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler
- Basal body thermometer
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)