In this special edition of my Fertility Awareness Reality Series, I interview Amy. Amy is a member of my most recent Fertility Friday Group Program. Amy joined the group program right at the time she decided to come off hormonal contraceptives. Amy shares what she has discovered so far. She used the pill for the past 10 years, and although she didn’t really experience any side effects, now that she’s off the hormones she’s since realized how it was affecting her.
One of the key takeaways that Amy shares in this episode are how coming off the pill has reunited her with her sex drive. She had chalked up her lack of interest in sex to a personality trait, but since coming off the pill it is clear the pill was at fault for suppressing her sex drive.
We also spend some time talking about what’s normal after coming off hormonal contraceptives, especially when you’re wanting to jump in and transition to using fertility awareness for birth control.
In this episode, I pull back the curtain and show you inside a real client session, and you get to see exactly what it’s like to work with me one-on-one!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Amy’s experience with hormonal contraceptives
- How Amy discovered the pill had killed her libido, and why she didn’t notice over the past 10 years of using it
- Transitioning from hormonal contraceptives to fertility awareness
- What is “normal” after you come off the pill?
- How to rely on fertility awareness when your temperatures are all over the place?
- Why the process of learning fertility awareness for birth control takes 3-5 months to gain complete confidence
- Is it possible to rely on fertility awareness for birth control?
- What steps are involved in gaining complete confidence in the method?
- The role of cervical mucus in fertility
- The rationale behind the fertility awareness method
- FFP 005 | Using Fertility Awareness when trying to conceive | Allison Macbeth
- Justisse User Guide
- Fertility Management Masterclass
- Fertility Friday Group Programs
Related Podcast Episodes
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 129 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Shifting Your Mindset from Predicting Your Cycle (Rhythm Method Thinking) to Fertility Awareness | Lisa & Leda
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP | 113 Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Making Fertility Awareness Work for You | FAM & Breastfeeding | Managing Your Fertile Window | Sarah, Lisa, & Rose Yewchuk
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 112 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Low Progesterone, Miscarriage, Stress & The Menstrual Cycle | Overcoming Fertility Challenges | Amelia & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 107 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Awareness Method | Low Hormone Cycle | Impact of a Long-Term Vegetarian Diet on the Menstrual Cycle | Carolina & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 105 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Awareness Method | PCOS | Balancing Blood Sugar | Nutrition for Fertility | Teri & Lisa
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Fertility Friday | Fertility Friday Group Programs
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Friday Group Programs! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! New groups are starting in April 2017: Click here for more information!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic