I’m excited to have Lily Back on the show for a record 5th appearance! Make sure to check out the resources section below for the list of our previous episodes together. In our previous episodes, we’ve covered gestational diabetes, exercise during pregnancy, a real food diet for PCOS, and breastfeeding nutrition.
In today’s episode, we talk about the impact of under-eating on your fertility and your overall health. We talk about how it’s possible to under-eat without knowing it and what to do to ensure that you’re getting enough nutrition in your diet.
My Fertility Management Masterclass is designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Is it possible to under eat and still get enough calories?
- The connection between flavour and nutrient density
- Could over-eating be related to eating foods devoid of nutrients?
- How does under-eating negatively impact fertility?
- The problem with “low-fat” diets
- Overcoming the myth that animal fats are bad for us
- The massive difference between the nutrient density of organ meats compared to regular muscle meats
- The role of a nutrient dense diet in building and preserving fertility
- Why we are so quick to give up animal fats, but don’t think twice about bingeing on sugar
- How to reduce sugar cravings in a way that doesn’t involve calorie restriction
- Why breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day
- How does shifting the focus to eating a nutrient dense diet affect your weight?
- How to trust that your body is capable of self-regulating your hunger cues
Connect with Lily.
- Real Food For Gestational Diabetes by Lily Nichols | Book Review
- Thai Chili Beef Heart Skewers | Lily Nichols
- Fertility Management Masterclass | Program Details
Related Podcast Episodes
- FFP 016 | Real Food for Gestational Diabetes | Pre-conception & Pregnancy Nutrition | Lily Nichols
- FFP 025 | How Much Should Women Exercise During Pregnancy? | The Good, The Bad and the Uncomfortable | Lily Nichols
- FFP 103 | Real Food for PCOS | PCOS, Insulin Resistance & Diabetes | Managing PCOS Naturally with Diet | Balancing Blood Sugar | Lily Nichols
- FFP 126 | Does Your Diet Impact Your Breastmilk? | Eating for Two: How to Produce the Most Nutritious Breastmilk | Managing the Postpartum Period | What Breastfeeding is Really Like | Lily Nichols
- FFP 009 | Sacred Fertility Foods | The key to having healthy babies and a healthy pregnancy | Sally Fallon-Morell
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Anova Fertility!
In 2016 Dr. Marjorie Dixon created Anova with the goal to be the leader in innovation, education, and communication for high quality and humanized fertility and reproductive care. Anova Fertility has created the first next-generation IVF lab in Canada. Anova is celebrating her 1st birthday this month. If you are in the Toronto area, and are interested in learning more about IVF from Anova’s medical team, we welcome you to sign-up for IVF 101 Education Session at our centre. You can visit http://fertilityfriday.com/anova/ for more information. If you live out of country you can email [email protected] to request a medical consultation over Skype (there is a fee associated with this service).
To learn more about Dr. Marjorie Dixon, tune into our podcast together by clicking this link.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health!