Today I am joined by Nicola Rinaldi, author of, No Period. Now What? for her second interview on the podcast. Make sure to go back and listen to our first interview together in Episode 141. Today’s episode focuses on the emotional aspects of hypothalamic amenorrhea (HA), whereas our first episode focused more on how to identify the condition, and identifying the difference between HA and PCOS.
This episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program. Master fertility awareness, take a deep dive into your cycles, gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. We start on October 9th. Will you be joining us? Click here for details!
- What is Hypothalamic Amenorrhea (HA)?
- Why regular ovulation is important for overall health (not only when you want to have babies!)
- The role of estrogen and progesterone in the menstrual cycle
- Are periods necessary?
- HA as a symptom of a broader social issue
- The role of under-eating and over-exercise in HA
- Overcoming the mindset associated with severe caloric restriction with food
- Why hormonal contraceptives aren’t the solution for HA
- Overcoming HA when trying to conceive
Connect with Nicola:
- No Period. Now What?
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program | Fertility Friday
- Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Friday
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!