Today I am sharing the last episode in the birth control series. All about getting your partner on board with charting! If you’ve been thinking about switching methods, this episode will equip you with a few ideas when bringing it to your partner.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Share why fertility awareness is important to you
- Take the necessary time to learn and understand the method before you start using it
- Find out how much your partner wants to be involved
- Consider taking a class to show your partner how serious you are about making it work
- Decide on the lingo you and your partner will use to communicate whether you’re fertile or infertile
- Be clear and honest in your communication, especially if you miss a day or if you are unsure of your observations
- Have a conversation about how you will manage your fertile window
- Share the science with skeptical partners
- Share the benefits of using fertility awareness!
- Be patient as it may take time for your partner to feel comfortable using FAM
Connect with Lisa:
The effectiveness of a fertility awareness based method to avoid pregnancy in relation to a couple’s sexual behaviour
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 404 | Should Men Be Responsible For Birth Control? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 362 | How Effective Are Fertility Awareness-Based Methods Really? | Dr. Marguerite Duane
- FFP 344 | Your Partner’s Perspective on Fertility Awareness Charting | Celebrating 6 Years of Fertility Friday! | Lisa & John
- FFP 262 | Should Men Be Equally Responsible For Birth Control? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!