Today I am joined by Nicola Rinaldi, author of, No Period. Now What? for her second interview on the podcast. Make sure to go back and listen to our first interview together in Episode 141. Today’s episode focuses on the emotional aspects of hypothalamic amenorrhea (HA), whereas our first episode focused more on how to identify the condition, and identifying the difference between HA and PCOS.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What is Hypothalamic Amenorrhea (HA)?
- Why regular ovulation is important for overall health (not only when you want to have babies!)
- The role of estrogen and progesterone in the menstrual cycle
- Are periods necessary?
- HA as a symptom of a broader social issue
- The role of under-eating and over-exercise in HA
- Overcoming the mindset associated with severe caloric restriction with food
- Why hormonal contraceptives aren’t the solution for HA
- Overcoming HA when trying to conceive
Connect with Nicola:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 428 | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | PCOS/HA Replay Series | Dr. Lara Briden, ND.
- FFP 425 | PCOS or HA? | What Is The Difference? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 141 | Surviving Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Getting Your Period Back Without Fertility Drugs | Nicola Rinaldi
- FFP 427 | Healing PCOS | PCOS/HA Replay Series | Amy Medling
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!