You may already know Lara as the author of Period Repair Manual which we’ll talk about more today. Lara was one of my very first guests, and I’m excited to have her back on the show. In our first interview together we delved into what the pill is really doing to your hormones, and it has been one of my most popular episodes of the show, so if you missed it definitely go back and listen to episode 007. Dr. Briden is a Naturopathic doctor with over 20 years of experience in women’s health. She specializes in the area of hormone health, and she is the founder of larabriden.com where she educates the masses on maintaining healthy hormones!
In today’s show, we delve into hypothalamic amenorrhea and HPA axis dysregulation, which is a topic I’ve had many requests to delve into on the show.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What is hypothalamic amenorrhea?
- What are the symptoms of hypothalamic amenorrhea?
- What is the difference between PCOS and hypothalamic amenorrhea?
- The impact of the pill on hypothalamic amenorrhea
- What is the relationship between undereating and hypothalamic amenorrhea
- How many carbohydrates do women need to eat?
- The relationship between stress and amenorrhea
- The problem with the idea of “eating the perfect diet”
- What you need to know about supplementation and your periods
- How does vitex impact hormones and periods?
- Why there is no magic supplement that will fix your periods
- How does alcohol impact our hormone levels?
- The role male infertility plays in infertility in general
Connect with Lara
- Lara’s Healthy Hormone Blog | Lara Briden
- Period Repair Manual | Lara Briden
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 427 | Healing PCOS | PCOS/HA Replay Series | Amy Medling
- FFP 425 | PCOS or HA? | What Is The Difference? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 371 | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea & The Menstrual Cycle | Cynthia Donovan
- FFP 223 | Overcoming Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | No Period. Now What? | Dr. Nicola Rinaldi, PhD
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!