In today’s episode Whitney shares her experience using fertility awareness to track her cycles, and incorporating fertility awareness into her professional practice!
Whitney Tucker is a diversely-educated movement trainer and practitioner that utilizes yoga, Pilates, and various modalities of athletic training to support people in their physical journeys. She is founder of Embodied Potential® and creator of Sync To Thrive®, which supports hormonal literacy for women. As an educator, she draws from experiences as a professional dancer, certified life coach, public school teacher, and birth worker (birth doula/placenta encapsulator). Throughout her education, she has performed multiple cadaver dissections with Gil Hedley, publishing of articles in peer journals on training techniques and movement as a healing modality, and presented at Congress on Research in Dance on her movement work with prostituted women. As a volunteer, Ms. Tucker has focused on reproductive justice with The Doula Project (2011-2015), services for homeless women and children through Hearts Of Gold (2017-2018). She lives in Mexico with her husband, has two dogs (Ava and Pelon) and is mother to her first amazing baby Onyx.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Tempdrop. Tempdrop makes fertility awareness accessible to all women – even if you don’t have regular cycles or sleeping patterns. Save 10% when you use code FertilityFriday at check out!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program, class of 2023! Early-bird registration is officially open for next year’s class of 2023. Will you be joining us? Click here to register now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Whitney’s menstrual cycle and contraceptive history
- When did Whitney decide to include FAM into her practice
- Whitney’s personal experience with a medical abortion
- Whitney’s experience with reproductive health issues
- Symptoms Whitney experiences with the Mirena
- What is infradian rhythm and how Whitney incorporated it into her practice
Connect with Whitney:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 199 | Fertility Law | Assisted Reproductive Technology | Sara Cohen
- FFP 121 | Fertility Awareness Method | Reproductive Justice | Association of Fertility Awareness Professionals | Ilene Richman
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 115 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Overcoming Fertility Challenges | Infertility | Vegetarian Diet & Fertility | Aarathi & Lisa
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!