Is this normal? Join Dr. Brighten and I as we explore strategies for getting your doctor to listen to you and help you when you’re having symptoms!
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a hormone expert, nutrition scientist, and thought leader in women’s medicine. She is board certified in naturopathic endocrinology and trained in clinical sexology. Dr. Brighten is the author of Is This Normal, a non-judgemental guide to creating hormone balance, eliminating unwanted symptoms, and building the sexual desire you crave. A fierce patient advocate and completely dedicated to uncovering the root cause of hormonal imbalances, Dr. Brighten empowers women worldwide to take control of their health and their hormones through her website and social medical channels. Dr. Brighten is an international speaker, clinical educator, and medical advisor within the tech community.
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAMM! Registration is officially open for the next round of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program! Classes begin on October 4th. Follow this link to apply now!
Have you grabbed your copy of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook? It is the first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign. Grab your copy here.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What inspired Dr. Jolene to write Is This Normal
- Why women doubt their health intuitions
- Why is it that doctors are so sure of themselves when they are wrong
- Difference between female and male doctors
- What do women do when they are sensing something is wrong with their health
- Importance of believing your intuitions
- Tips for women on how to speak to your doctor
Connect with Dr. Jolene Brighten:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 368 | Why Your Doctor Isn’t Helping You With Your Period Problems | Aviva Romm, MD
- FFP 314 | What You Need to Know About Choosing A Doctor | Women’s Health | Dr. Kyrin Dunston, MD
- FFP 285 | Finding a Medical Doctor Who Will Support You | Dr. Nathan Riley, MD
- FFP 143 | Choosing the Right Practitioner | How To Find A Functional Practitioner Who Will Really Help You | Lisa | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!