How much do doctors really know about PCOS? Why does it take 2 or more years for many women to get a diagnosis? Not to mention the countless women who are either undiagnosed or misdiagnosed? Join me in today’s brand new FAMM Research Series episode as we go through this eye-opening study together!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Why women struggle to get an accurate diagnosis from their practitioner
- How physicians faired on their survey
- Who did the survey study
- What was the conclusion from the study
- Common criteria to diagnose PCOS
- Why practitioners aren’t clear on how to diagnose women with PCOS
- What is the average time frame for women to get a PCOS diagnosis
- 15% of women struggle with PCOS
Connect with Lisa:
- Gaps in knowledge among physicians regarding diagnostic criteria and management of polycystic ovary syndrome
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- [FAMM Practitioner Series] FFP 444 | PCOS, Fertility Challenges, & Fertility Awareness Cycle Charting | Amy Sedgwick, LMT
- FFP 429 | Overcoming Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | PCOS/HA Replay Series | Dr. Nicola Rinaldi, PhD
- FFP 427 | Healing PCOS | PCOS/HA Replay Series | Amy Medling
- FFP 425 | PCOS or HA? | What Is The Difference? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!