Today’s episode is all about restorative medicine — the best possible ‘marriage’ of fertility awareness and allopathic medicine with Dr. Marguerite Duane.
Dr. Duane, a board-certified family physician, is co-founder and Executive Director of FACTS about Fertility, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating medical professionals and students about the scientific evidence supporting fertility awareness-based methods (FABMs) and restorative reproductive medicine (RRM). She also serves as an Adjunct Associate Professor at Georgetown, Duquesne University and the University of Utah. Dr. Duane cares for patients via a direct primary care house-calls based practice, MD for Life She has served on the board of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and the Family Medicine Education Consortium (FMEC).
Dr. Duane trained as a Creighton, FEMM and NeoFertility Medical consultant, and a TeenSTAR educator. She received her M.D. degree from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and completed her Family Medicine residency at Lancaster General Hospital in Pennsylvania. She received a Bachelor of Science with Honors and a Master of Health Administration degree from Cornell University. In 2022, Dr. Duane completed a primary care research fellowship at the University of Utah earning a Master of Science in Public Health.
Today’s episode is also sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What prompted Dr. Duane to start FACTS and what does she do
- When did Dr. Duane first learn about FAM
- Where FAM cycle charting fits in to the equation of restorative medicine
- Why is FAM not taught in medical school
- How to find physicians that are more knowledgeable in FAM & restorative reproductive medicine
- How are physicians trained to respond to medical issues
- What is NAPRO technology
Connect with Dr. Duane:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 362 | How Effective Are Fertility Awareness-Based Methods? | Dr. Marguerite Duane
- FFP 336 | Your Doctor’s Perspective on the Fertility Awareness Method | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 285 | Finding a Medical Doctor Who Will Support You | Dr. Nathan Riley, MD
- FFP 123 | Fertility Awareness Training for Physicians & Health Professionals | What Your Doctor Needs to Know About Fertility Awareness | Dr. Marguerite Duane
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!