Dr. Fiona McCulloch ND, the founder, and owner of White Lotus Integrative Medicine has worked with thousands of people seeking better health over the past 15 years of her practice. She is committed to health education and advocacy, empowering her patients with the most current information on health topics and natural medicine therapies with a warm, empathic approach.
In today’s show, we talk about Dr. Fiona’s new book “8 Steps to Reverse your PCOS” which she just released in September 2016! We also talk about the connection between PCOS, inflammation, gut health & thyroid conditions!
Dr. Fiona joined us on a previous episode: episode 45 where we talked about the autoimmune disease as it relates to fertility, thyroid health, and MTHFR gene mutation.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Why has there been a recent push to change the name of PCOS?
- The connection between PCOS, insulin resistance, and Diabetes
- What is inflammation as it relates to PCOS and how is it caused?
- The connection between inflammation, food sensitivities, and autoimmunity
- Why is following whole foods based nutrition plan so important for reducing chronic low-grade inflammation?
- Androgen excess and PCOS
- What is Hirsutism and how can it connect to PCOS?
- How do stress and hormones affect the length of the ovulatory process?
- How hormones affect a woman’s cycle as she matures
- Why doctors should use caution when diagnosing PCOS for an adolescent female
- The connection between PCOS and Cardiovascular Disease
- How can thyroid disorders play a role in PCOS?
- Dispelling the myth that PCOS doesn’t go away after giving birth
- Dr. Fiona’s advice for women with PCOS who are trying to conceive
Connect with Dr. Fiona McCulloch, ND
- FFP 045 | Autoimmune Disease and Fertility | Thyroid Health | MTHFR Gene Mutation | Dr. Fiona McCulloch
- Dr. Fiona’s Book: 8 Steps to Reverse your PCOS
- White Lotus Integrative Medicine
PCOS Related Podcast Episodes
- FFP 022 | What is PCOS? | Healing PCOS Naturally | PCOS Diva Amy Medling
- FFP 060 | Treating PCOS Without Fertility Drugs | Conceiving Naturally With PCOS | Dr. Katherine Sherif
- FFP 103 | Real Food for PCOS | PCOS, Insulin Resistance & Diabetes | Managing PCOS Naturally with Diet | Balancing Blood Sugar | Lily Nichols
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
This episode is sponsored by Circle + Bloom! Click here to receive 20% off Circle + Bloom products! Make sure to use discount code: FertilityFriday at checkout!