Geraldine is the founder of the Justisse Method – a comprehensive method of fertility awareness cycle charting that she founded in 1987. She is the CEO of Justisse Healthworks for Women, and she is the Academic Dean of the Justisse Training College. She has worked as a fertility awareness educator and a holistic reproductive health practitioner since 1977, and she has been active in the reproductive health freedoms movement since then. She qualified as a lay midwife in 1985.
Between 1977 and 1986 she completed the Billings Method, SERENA Canada, Couple-to-Couple League, and Creighton trainings. And more recently, Geraldine completed her doctorate in Depth Psychology in 2014. Her work integrates her experience in sexual and reproductive health with a depth psychological view of healing.
And in today’s show we talk about the history of Fertility Awareness Based Methods, and what the future holds for this field, and for Fertility Awareness Educators!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
The origins of the Fertility Awareness Method and Justisse Healthworks for Women
- The foundation and origins of the Justisse Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner program
- Why reproductive health from a functional medicine perspective was incorporated into the teachings of the Justisse Method
- How is the Justisse Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner training program different from other Fertility Awareness training programs
- The menstrual cycle as the 5th vital sign allowing women to gauge their overall health by the health of their menstrual cycle
- Why it is problematic for women to only focus on their reproductive and menstrual cycle health when we are trying to get pregnant
- The future of Fertility Awareness Education, and the Association of Fertility Awareness Professionals
- The importance of seeking education from trained Fertility Awareness professionals, and why teaching Fertility Awareness without adequate training can actually cause unintended harm
- Why a one size fit’s all approach doesn’t generally work when it comes to improving menstrual cycle health
- The amazing power of the menstrual cycle to teach women about their bodies and their health
Connect with Geraldine
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)